Here in the backwaters you can also see the Chandragiri Fort built in the 17th Century. The Fort is at a beautiful location as from the Fort you can see the beautiful view of the setting and coming sun and the backwaters. The backwater cruise in Chadragiri begins at Chandragiri Bridge.
Fast Facts :
- Location : Kasargod, Kerala
- How to Reach : Kozhikode is the greatest port of Malabar. It lies between the backwaters of the Kallai and Beypore rivers in North Kerala , 224 kms south of Mangalore and 210 kms of Mysore.
- Distance : : 223 kms north of Kochi, 350 kms south - west of Bangalore, 5 1/2 hrs from Kochi and 8 hrs from Bangalore by road. NH47 to Edapally; NH 17 to Kozhikode via Kodungaloor, Ponnani and Feroke. * Price for Houseboats : Rs 10,000 - 15000 /-
- Price for Houseboats : 10,000 to 15,000 for a all air-conditioned kettuvulumn covering one way trip to a particular place. (* Prices are subject to change)
- Best Time to Go : Indian Winters - September to February end