Three rivers, namely Pampa, Manimala and Achankovil, crises cross the length and breadth of Kuttanad. Until a few years back, water was the main mode of transportation, though today buses and trains ply in the region. There is the 7.5 kms long network of canals, lakes, lagoons and tiny streamlines which flow from one place to another in Kuttanad. Mainly Kuttanad is made around the banks of Vembanad Lake. Unlike other places, life in Kuttanad is slow paced, with the life being at the point from where it has started.
Fast Facts :
- Location : Kuttanad, Kerala
- How to Reach : Kuttanad lies in the middle of Alleppy and Kottayam. Any of the buses covering this route will take you to Kuttanad.
- Distance : 100 kms from Alleppy and 250 kms from Kottayam. Can be reached by road.
- Price for Houseboats : Rs 10,000 - 15000 /-
- Best Time to Go : Indian Winters - September to February end