Some of the best places in Thiruvanathpuram to see are the Puttan Malika Palace, Travancore National Zoo and the city itself. Trivandrum also has the famous Thirumalai Palace which took half a million rupees for its renovation. Its also famous for Ayurveda and its practices. The main backwaters of Thiruvanathpuram are Thirubvallam and Veil.The Climate of Thiruvanathpuram is hot and humid in the summers but the winters are pleasant here.
Fast Facts :
- Location : Thiruvananthpuram, Kerala
- How to Reach : Thiruvananthpuram lies in the middle of Alleppy and Kottayam. Any of the buses covering this route will take you to Kuttanad.
- Distance : One has to hire a cab to reach where Houseboats are. It takes only 45 minutes to reach the place.
- Price for Houseboats : Rs 10,000 - 15000 /-
- Best Time to Go : Indian Winters - August to April end