`PASSION OF PUNJAB' ON A
Sarson Ka Saag Makke Di Roti Punjab is the right place to be if you want to
know what culinery delights are. A typical Indian Punjabi meal comprises of
Sarson ka saag and makke di roti with a lot of other mouth watering dishes.
However sarson ka saag is a world famous delicacy that activates one's taste
buds and leaves you asking for more. Sarson ka saag is a luscious green
gravy, made out of mustard seeds. Cooked with masalas and enhanced with oil
seasoning, this dish is relished countrywide. Sarson ka saag is often
accompanied by Indian bread- Makki ki roti (corn bread). They both
compliment and eachother and the roti is presented with a dash of ghee, that
makes it a total delight to relish!
Have a taste of this delicacy in states likeDelhi
Haryana and Punjab.
» Makki Di Roti
Ingredients 2 cups maize flour, 1 fistful plain flour, 1 tbsp.
Oil, salt to taste
1. Mix maize flour, oil and salt.
2. Knead in a soft pliable dough, adding very little water at a time.
3. When the dough is very smooth and soft, bread a lump,Shape into a
ball, flatten and pat with palm, to make a thin roti.
4. Use dry plainflour to help. Or roll with a rollint pin.
5. Place on a heavy iron or earthen griddle and roast till crisp.
6. Repeat on both sides. Repeat for all rotis.
7. Cover and line with napkins to keep warm.
8. Drizzle with ghee or butter if desired.
9. Serve hot with sarson ka saag and slice of onion and lime.
» Sarson ka saag
Ingredients 1 bunch sarson greens,1 bunch spinach,1 onion
grated, 1/2 tsp. each ginger & garlic grated 3 green chillies, 1
tbsp. grated cheese or paneer (optional), 1/2 lemon juice, 2 tbsp. ghee
1 tbsp. Oil, 1/2 tsp. garam masala, 1 tbsp. maize flour and salt to
1. Chop both greens, wash, drain.
2. Heat oil in the pressure cooker direct.
3. Add both greens, green chillies, stir.
4. Add ginger, garlic, stir.
5. Add few pinches salt, 1 cup water.
6. Pressure cook till done. (2 whistles).
7. Mash well.
8. Heat ghee in a pan, add onion, saute till brown,
9. Add all other ingredients, except cheese.
10. Stir well and cook till oil separates.
11. Garnish with cheese.
12. Serve hot with makki ki roti, or paratha